ABOUT BANGLADESH TRADE & INVESTMENT SUMMIT 2016
We are pleased to inform you that Bangladesh-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BMCCI) in cooperation with High Commission of Bangladesh in Malaysia and Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) is going to organize “Bangladesh Trade and Investment Summit 2016” and will be held on Monday 5th December, 2016 at The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur. The event will also be supported by Bangladesh Economic Zones Authority (BEZA), Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA), Public Private Partnership Authority Bangladesh, Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI), High Commission of Malaysia in Bangladesh and so on. The first “Bangladesh Trade & Investment Summit 2016” will be BMCCI’s flagship event to attract investment in Bangladesh. This will be the most innovative and challenging summit on important national issues of Bangladesh in respect of “Trade & Investment” promotion. Considering the current global economic trends, bilateral trade & investment between two such close Asian neighbors carry more national and regional importance than ever. With the theme “Sustainable Business – the Road to Progress”, the Summit will explore key trade and investment opportunities that exist for Bangladesh in particular from Malaysian counterpart. The Summit will also focus on trade and investment practices, opportunities & challenges of major stakeholders – both private and public. This full day event will comprise with keynote and panel discussion sessions. It will be attended by major business houses, interested investors and government bodies of Malaysia and also the major local investors from Bangladesh who aspire to bring investment from Malaysia to Bangladesh. In short, Malaysian Investors – both new and potential, local Bangladeshi investors who aim to attract FDI on a Joint Venture basis, Ministers, International Trade Experts, Policymakers and Government Officials, Business Leaders, Corporate Houses are expected to participate in this Summit. Hon’ble Commerce Minister Mr. Tofail Ahmed, M.P. has kindly consented to grace the occasion as the Chief Guest while Y.B. Dato’ Sri Mustapa Bin Mohamed, Hon’ble Minister, Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), Government of Malaysia is expected to be present as the Guest of Honour.
|Platinum Sponsor||Gold Sponsor|
OBJECTIVES OF THE SUMMIT
- To highlight joint venture developments for private sector growth in Bangladesh
- To showcase private sector investment opportunities in key sectors of Bangladesh
- Demonstrate opportunities for potential value addition in those sectors for a sustained economic growth of Bangladesh
DATE AND VENUE
The Summit will be held on Monday 5th December, 2016 at The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, No. 5, Jalan Conlay, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA)
- Bangladesh Economic Zones Authority (BEZA)
- Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA)
- Public Private Partnership Authority Bangladesh
- Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI)
- High Commission of Malaysia in Bangladesh
- High Commission of Bangladesh in Malaysia
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Malaysian Investors & Businessmen Multi-National Companies, Industrial & International Trade Experts, Promoters and Policy Makers
- Businessmen, Entrepreneurs, Bankers, etc.
- Government Officials and Policy Reformers
- Local Investors who can share their investment experience